Monday, January 16, 2012

What would you do if you were me? A moral question. Opinions appreciated!?

A "friend" of mine offered to replace a bathroom suite for me while I was on holiday but I returned to find he had completely gutted the bathroom whereby there wasn't even a floorboard in place. He says he did it because he found water damage to the plaster behind shower and thought it be nice to help me out with a complete bathroom refit. He never made any attempt to call me about this while I was away and stripped the bathroom without my consent. I found this astounding since it was a large cost I was to bear and he never even bothered to call me! Nine days later he finally told me what he had done and said that he would have the bathroom completed within 6 weeks in a budget of �2,000. I gave him the chance but instead he took control of the project knowing I was in a difficult situation, not being able to afford to pay a tradesman to come in a do a job like that. It took him 6 months to finish the bathroom and it cost me nearly �11,000 for the materials, loss of rental income and other bills. He only finished it in that time because I forced him into it by committing to tenants and I came down on him like a ton of bricks. He didn't like that one bit but at least he got the job done and he completed what was left in one and a half days. He could have done that kind of work months previously and saved me thousands. I now have debt to repay. He turned out to be manipulative and controlling and I think he did what he did really believing he was doing me a favour at the time and that 'I would owe him one'. I have never been interested in him and never have given him reason to believe so yet when I found a new partner a couple of months from when the bathroom was gutted, he got worse with not doing the work and played it like a game. What would you do if you were me? Should I sue him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment